> No, I'm pretty sure that is incorrect.
> Using MAXROWS on the Query will limit the number of rows
> retrieved from the database, which will cut off the list of
> results. Queries do not have a STARTROW.
>
> To show a page at a time I must use STARTROW and MAXROWS on the
> <CFOUTPUT QUERY=xxx>

CFQuery can't take StartRow, but does have MaxRows

There is one flaw with this method though - the whole SQL query is parsed
and the number of rows is returned to CF which then only sends the template
the number the rows

It's a lot quicker (and smoother) to use the SQL command TOP, i.e.;
select top 50 *
from myTable
where myField='#myValue#'

One way I handle this is to have a list of IDs that I pass from page to
page, and then pass the start position, then build a smaller list of entries
from this list for the CFQuery

This not only reduces the work the SQL has to do, but it also speeds up the
results to the template

Philip Arnold
ASP Multimedia Limited
T: +44 (0)20 8680 1133