Dan Farmer wrote:
> But you never will be able to support 100% of your visitors, no matter you
> do or how many hours wasted trying to do it. Can't justify the costs in
> that.

It doesn't cost me a penny more to support them.  I simply avoid using
things that only work in IE.

In my freelancing business, I have clients who use Macs and don't use
Internet Explorer.  It would cost me money NOT to support them via loss
of income.  In my day job, a lot of the users of my web apps are Mac
users.  Hell, the director of my department (my bosses boss) uses
Mozilla on a PC as his primary browser.

I've even got a DHTML menu on day job's web site for navigation.  I use
a little tool called DHTML Menu Builder, and it even works on Netscape
4.7x browsers.

To each his own, I guess.  Ability and interest in programming for all
browsers makes me more valuable in my current job, and it makes me more
valuable to my current and potential future clients as a freelancer.