I would use a structure in the application scope to do this.  Have the
username as the key and the time of failure as value.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Ho
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 9:43 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Session variable time out?

When user fails to log in, I want to disable that user
for certain time for example 30 mins. After 30 mins,
he/she can login again.
   I prefer to do it in Coldfusion. Can I use session
varible to keep the time for user who failed to log
in. Untill that time is expired, then  let them try to
log in again.