Tony Weeg wrote:
> can you run apache on a windows box? alongside everything else thats
> pretty standard?

Sure, except that you can't run both Apache and another web server on
the same port 80. You can of course change one server to run on an
alternative port.

The nice thing about Apache is the ability to use the <virtualhost>
directive to run multiple sites on one machine. If you're interested
I'd be happy to post snippets from my httpd.conf configuration file
showing how.

One bummer about DW MX I've found (unless I'm missing something) is
that it still doesn't play well with virtual hosts -- it wants a
testing server for a defined site to be defined as
http://localhost/site1 as opposed to http://site1, notwithstanding
that http://site1 works fine through my browser and CF Studio 5.