> I am looking for any ColdFusion Studio 4.5 tips and tricks.

Ok here's a weird one...

Sometimes I have a file, lets say "update.cfm", which is on some far
distant RDS server, deep down in the directory tree.  I need to create
a second files called update2.cfm (or even update.cfm.backup), which
is pretty much the same file, with different bits and bobs in.

The old way, would be to do a "save as...", and then go through all
the trouble of locating the place I want to save the file.  I'm an
impatient person, and can't be bothered with all that.

So assuming your little file browsing window on the left is open, and
looking at the directory with the update.cfm file in; first make sure
you open update.cfm (or whatever), then click once on the file in the
browser window and rename it update2.cfm (and therefore update.cfm no
longer exists).  Now save the update.cfm file you have open (Ctrl-s),
this'll recreate the original file back into the correct place.

You've now created your update2.cfm file, without going through all
that save dialog box trouble.

---

(ObStupidTip)
When I'm really lazy, and just need a new file (on the far distant
server), I sometimes just rename the file I currently have open.  Open
up the renamed file, then Ctrl-n (new file), Ctrl-a (select all),
Ctrl-c (copy), Ctrl-w (close the file, goes back to previous
document), Ctrl-a (select all), Ctrl-v (paste), Ctrl-s (save), Ctrl-w
(close the rename/new file), Ctrl-s (save the original pre-renamed
file, to recreate it on the server), Ctrl-w (to close the original
file).

All of which I've got down to about 8 seconds or so.

---

After both of these, you'll need to refresh the file browser window on
the left, to see the old file which later got renamed.

---

Hope this helps, the second when you get the hang of it, is a real
time saver, and looks cool, good for demonstrations, it's just like a
magic trick :)

Dan.

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the intended
recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed.

It may contain information which is privileged and confidential within the meaning of
the applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
as soon as possible.The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be
the views held by Live Information Systems Limited.