  From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 3:36 PM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: RE: CF Administration Best Practices on Production Servers

  > It would be considered a best practice to turn off debugging on
  > production servers, correct? My host has it turned on to help
  > developers test their code. They insist I must turn it off using
  > cfsetting. I've been arguing, unsuccessfully, that they should not
  > allow people to test/develop their sites on "production" servers.
  >
  > So, am I completely off-base or is this considered bad?

  I would agree that it's a best practice to turn off debugging on production
  servers. I'm not sure that a shared server is necessarily a "production"
  server, though. After all, the hosting provider is basically giving you a
  place to do more or less whatever you want, right?

  Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
  http://www.figleaf.com/
  phone: 202-797-5496
  fax: 202-797-5444