You probably do indeed have it working but not natively. .NET is the
replacement for COM. COM has a different internal architecture from .NET and
thus they are not compatibility natively. That is why you have to use the
RCW which translates specific calls from managed clients into COM specific
invocation requests on unmanaged COM components. Basically this makes the
.NET components think they are talking to another .NET component.

This is how it is implemented:
            Create a RCW out of the COM component
            Ref. the metadata assembly Dl lint he project and use its
methods and properties

You can do the RCW step using the Type Library Importer utility or the
VS.Net IDE.

Ex.) This generates metadata assembly with the name IopExampleRCW.dll out of
the COM IopExamlple.dll
Command line: tlbimp IopExample.dll /output:IopExampleRCW.dll /verbose

In VS.NET IDE you would go to Project ->Add Reference->COM tab...

All of this is based on the fact that you have already registered the
original COM component as well. Unless you register the original COM
component none of this will work at all. This will work in all .Net
invocations from C#, VB.NET and ASP.NET (et al.)

<http://intranet>

Stephen E. Schuster
PeopleSoft Administrator
2000 Ashland Drive