we were comparing CFDJ to other publications... things in print... you know,
paper.  There was no discussion of a comparison between the content in CFDJ
and online resources before your post, nor should there be one now.  Hell,
if you want to compare the content in CFDJ or any other CFML reference to
the content in one outstanding resource, why would it be builder.com????
I'd say that builder.com doesn't even compare with macromedia.com's online
documentation, devnet, etc.  I think the point was that CFDJ was being
compared with books and periodicals in print.  Some people stated that they
didn't think that it was worth it's price for a year's subscription compared
to the price of some of the books that are out there.  I'm not sure what
that has to do with websites?  There are a lot of great resources out there.
I don't think CFDJ is the best CFML resource in the world, but I do
personally think that what you get for the cost of receiving the magazine
for a year as opposed to one or two of the books on the market is much more
worth the money.  That's just me... and that's what (I thought) we were
debating.  Anyway - this is begining to sound like a thread that belongs on
the CF Community list.

~Simon

Simon Horwith
CTO, Etrilogy Ltd.
Member of Team Macromedia
Macromedia Certified Instructor
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
Certified Flash MX Developer
CFDJList - List Administrator
http://www.how2cf.com/