you havnt mentioned which version of CF you are using...  If you are using
6.1 then there is a new function ReleaseObject() that may be of use to you.

HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Grover [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2004 01:15
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Creating a Word.Application COM object needs a new instance o f
WI NWORD.EXE?

Well, the server has been restarted, and the "Quit" command does indeed
clean up the instance.  However, if I run into any errors at all before the
Quit command (and I'm expecting a few while I'm developing the page), I run
into the same situation again - the instance of word is not cleaned up, I
cannot remove it, and a new instance is created when the page is loaded
again.

I'm sure someone has created word documents on the fly using the office
automation tools before (server-side that is), so can someone point me to a
resource that would help me through this process?  Thanks.

Shawn