Novak,

Actually no it doesn't!

I am aware of how compression works, I am aware that it can send the file
quicker with less bandwidth.

What I am not aware, and maybe I should have been a little more descriptive.

When Coldfusion executes the cfml template, then sends and the client
receives this. In that scenario the factor is the time the page takes to
execute, the time it takes to for the client to see the final page. Now if I
switch compression on from the server via a filter or ISAPI, what extra time
does this take on the server to compress the file and what extra time does
it take for the client to view the file. This is what I want to know, we
have small files about 30k-60k in size that do compress down to about 5-10k,
but I need to measure if saving the bandwidth is an actual saving in viewing
time overall.

Regards
Andrew Scott
Technical Consultant