Actually that is not true,  Wired hides some content via styles that only
comes out when you are not using styles.

// Pulled from Wired's site with styles turned off.

Note: You are reading this message either because you can not see our css
files (served from Akamai for performance reasons), or because you do not
have a standards-compliant browser. Read our design notes
<http://www.wired.com/news/explanation.html>  for details.

Welcome to Wired News. Skip directly to: Search Box
<http://www.wired.com/#search> , Section Navigation
<http://www.wired.com/#nav> , Content <http://www.wired.com/#content> .

This is extremely usable and accessible.  A user who is not using
stylesheets (ie screen reader, mobile phone or other device) could go
directly to the important stuff, skipping the ads.

Section 508 paragraph (o) A method shall be provided that permits users to
skip repetitive navigation links.

Wired goes one better and allows the user to skip to the content that is
important to them.

  _____