How would you implement a typical "Remember Me" login?

I have little experience using cookies, generally taking the easy way and
implementing client and session management through CF's application
framework.

Seems to me that if I enable client management in CF, then _everyone_ that
logs in to a web site will be "remembered".  So how to implement selectively
rememembering only the users who check off "Remember Me" when they log in?

Second question - is it possible to have a cross-domain login?  That is, if a
user logs in and has a CF session at http://www.mydomain.com and then clicks
over to my other web site at http://www.mydomain2.com, is there a way to
seemlessly keep the same session?  Can this be done if cfid/cftoken are
passed explicitly?  Can it be done using cookies?

Thanks.