From: Jochem van Dieten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:28 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: OT: Zipcode transfer woes continue..

Michael T. Tangorre wrote:

> Sorry to keep beating a dead horse but I can not for the life of me get
this
> zipcode table I have in access imported into SQL server without losing the
> zeros (initial and/or trailing).

You are not losing the initial zeros. You can't be, because they
are not there. What you are storing is just simple numbers
without initial zeros, and you have set up a display filter (the
Access equivalent of an automagic NumberFormat()) to make it look
like they have initial zeros.

Add an extra field in the Access table and insert them as
properly padded strings in there. Then convert from there to MS
SQL Server.

As for the trailing zeros, do you have an example?

Jochem

--
I don't get it
immigrants don't work