From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 12:14 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFMX 'bug'? Easy to crash CFMAIL.

> Technically it is a bug. Cfmail should not throw an exception
> when passed an email address (no matter what the content)
> Particularly if this is a new bug introduced into 6.1

I disagree with this. I think that this behavior is in some ways
preferable
to previous behavior. I also think that this isn't necessarily a
bug - it
sounds like intentional behavior to me.

But in any case, this doesn't help with your problem, and since
you have
existing code that depended on the previous behavior, you need
some
solution. You should be able to fix this pretty quickly by
wrapping your
CFMAIL tag within an exception handler. If you're using CFMAIL
to process a
query, you'll want to keep track of the record with the error,
then skip to
the next record. This should be pretty easy to retrofit to your
application,
I hope.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/