From: S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 22 January 2004 3:11 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF Start a process - don't wait for it to finish

gotcha... in this case I'd recommend a similar solution. Use cfhttp to
execute the other page and then use cflocation to redirect to
someplace else. I _think_ you can execute cfhttp with a timeout of 0
and have the page continue processing immediately without waiting for
the cfhttp content. I'm not certain of this tho -- I don't do a lot of
work with cfhttp, so I'd have to go back to the docs and test it. For
my own work, I have yet to run into any real issues with the way the
framework handles it -- doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I
haven't experienced them. Of course the framework also encapsulates
the processes executing in the onrequestend to insulate them some from
the remaining page.

  _____