> Before I go ahead with <CFOUTPUT> at the top of the page and
> </CFOUTPUT> at the bottom of the page and a whole 'lotta page
> in between...
>
> I am afraid that running some other CF tags inside a CFOUTPUT
> might cause trouble. Is there *anything* that might get hurt by being
> inside a CFOUTPUT?

All other CF tags will function regardless of it they are wrapped in a
CFOUTPUT or not.  However, there are three reasons why I would recommend you
NOT do this:

1) Wrapping the whole page in a CFOUTPUT puts a greater load on CF.  From a
performance standpoint you are better off using multiple CFOUTPUT blocks
around small bits of code.

2) If you have any explicit color definitions (like <TD BGCOLOR="#ddee55">),
CF will error out because of the '#' character.  To get around this you need
to double up the hash mark (like <TD BGCOLOR="##ddee55">).  However, if down
the road you remove the CFOUTPUT then your color codes will be incorrect
again.

3) Finally, it just seems like better programming practice to only CFOUTPUT
blocks of code with variables in them.  If your whole page is data driven,
then one big CFOUTPUT might make sense.  However, if only one section of the
page actually uses any variables, then only wrap that one section in the
CFOUTPUT.  It will make code maintenance much easier.

Regards,
Seth Petry-Johnson
Argo Enterprise and Associates