Well, I have numerous categories such as Hard Drive, MOtherboard, etc.  So
on the first page, they choose the category they want to edit.  If they
choose motherboard, it will show them maybe 10 motherboards.  Every part of
the database is in an input field so they can go through and edit every
price.  In this industry as you know, prices are changing constantly.  It
would be so tedious to edit these prices one by one.  Thats why I want to
do it this way.  If I can get a list of 20 CPU's and edit all the prices
and click submit, it would really speed up this arduous task.

> On 8/5/00, Chris Farrugia penned:
> >Good day,
> >
> >I am creating the site for my computer store, where a user will be able
> >custom configure a new PC.  Currently I am stuck creating an
administration
> >page where I can update the prices in my database.  The table has fields
> >(ProductID, CategoryID (Hard Drive, Motherboard, etc), Description,
Price,
> >Weight).  I want on the admin page for there to be all of the products
> >listed in form text boxes.  If I want to edit one, I can change the
content
> >of that text box and then hit the submit button and it edits the
database.
> >The problem I'm running into is that I can't name the form fields the
same
> >thing because then it won't know which to edit...  Can anybody explain
how I
> >would do this?  I am very new to coldfusion.  Thank you for the help.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >Chris Farrugia
>
> I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but are you trying to show
> all the fields for all the products on one page? If so, every time
> you edit something ColdFusion will have to update every field of
> every product. You are much better off having a page listing all of
> the products in a select menu, choosing the product you want to edit
> and then showing the update form for that product only. At this point
> you simply have a hidden form field <input type="hidden"
> name="ProductID" value="#GetProduct.ProductID#"> and then pass that
> along to the update query with the rest of the form fields. Then you
> only have to update the fields for that product rather than updating
> every field for every product even if you're only changing one field.
>
> <CFQUERY DATASOURCE="mydatasource">
> UPDATE Products
> SET Hard Drive = '#Form.HardDrive#',
> Motherboard = '#Form.Motherboard#',
> Description = '#Form.Description#',
> Price = #Form.Price#,
> Weight = #Form.Weight#
> WHERE ProductID = #Form.ProductID#
> </CFQUERY>
>
> --
>
> Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

> ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.twcreations.com/
> 954.721.3452

the body.