I have done this in reverse with the Membership Test (IN) and I have figured
out a way for it to work (example below) but this does not seem the best
way. Can I ask for some SQL input?

I have one field in a database (SQL Server 2000) that contains a comma
separated list of state abbr. (AL,CA,TX). I am submitting ONE state
selection (CA) for example to a query. I simply need to go to the database
and select records CONTAINING 'CA' within the comma delimited list..

Here is what I have (abbreviated for simplicity) -  the database field with
the comma delimited list is named states. The variable FORM.stateabbr is
sent in via a form.

SELECT *
FROM  Members
WHERE States LIKE '%#FORM.stateabbr#%'

Please share your input. I am not the greatest GURU at SQL but I am thinking
that there is a more eloquent (and reliable) way of doing this particular
search.

Tony