From: Ryan Hill
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 1:53 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Urgent: Sql 6.5 Guru Question

Hello everyone,

Got a problem here that I can't seem to figure out.  I have a tab-delimited
text file containing 3 cols, (can_id, votes, % votes) that I need to import
into a SQL 6.5 table containing these three columns (and others) that needs
to be updated on a regular basis - updating existing records, not inserting
new ones.

My first guess would have been bcp, but as near as I can tell, this only
works on data copying operations, so it won't allow me to perform an UPDATE
type of action on the table I want to update.  I'm used to working with SQL
7.0, which would let me save this as a DTS package, so my t-sql stored proc
syntax is a little rough.