I wish it was that easy. :-)  I assume by your responses that this issue
may be related to my PC although my laptop seems to do the same thing.

Let me rephrase my problem, I can assign a keyboard shortcut to a
snippet, via the shortcuts GUI, but I have yet to get one to work.  When
I use the shortcuts GUI I am trying to assign Ctrl+3 to a snippet that
will wrap the selected text in #s. After I assign Ctrl+3 to my snippet,
I can see that Ctrl+3 looks like it has been correctly assigned to the
snippet but, after I close the shortcuts GUI the shortcut does not work
and when I open the shortcuts GUI, Ctrl+3 defaults back to H3.  I have
no problem assigning Ctrl+3 to another command like "select all", the
problem only comes in when I try to assign it to a snippet.

Is it possible that I had a bad previous install of DW MX (non 2004)?  I
have tried uninstalling all DWs and only reinstalling MX2004 but, I seem
to have the same problem

Thank for the help.

Mark W. Breneman
-Cold Fusion Developer