Hello Jack,

Monday, February 23, 2004, 10:22:04 AM, you wrote:

> The biggest question that I'm still not sure I have the right answer to is:
> How do young people, age 18-28, pay for things they're purchasing online?
> The obvious answer would be Visa/Mastercard and so on, but what I'm hearing
> everywhere is that young people simply don't have those credit cards, so
> what do they do instead?

Usually credit cards alternative are delivery payment (cash) or bank
transfer.

> It's my understanding so far that the Bancomat card cannot be used online
> at all, is that true?

Yes.

> The CartaSi card, does everyone have that? And can
> the CartaSi card be used online if there isn't Visa, Mastercard or similar
> on it?

CartaSi works only where Visa, Mastercard or (depending from the card) Maestro
works. Not everyone have the cartaSi, but other cards that usually support
Visa and Mastercard too.

> What about CartaFacile?

CartaFacile is not a Credit Card, is a pre-payed card of the Banca
Popolare di Milano. If the university you were spoken about is in Milan,
it could be a good choice for Milan students. You have to contact the
Banca Popolare di Milano in order to enable it on your site.

--
Giampaolo Bellavite, Milano (Italy)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>