From: Stuart Kidd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 11:59 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: basic CFSET, CFTRY and CFCATCH probs.

Hi,

I've a problem with CFSET, i'm trying to have a font color change in one
of my statements but it doesn't seem to work.  The CFSET is within a
CFCATCH and CFTRY.

<cfset MessageAlert = "<p>The following fields have errors:</p>"> <cfif
form.PropertyDataCountry is ""><cfset MessageAlert = MessageAlert &
"Country must have a value.<br>"></cfif> <cfif
form.PropertyDataNumberofBedrooms is ""><cfset MessageAlert =
MessageAlert & "<font color="red">Number of Bedrooms</font> must have a
value.<br>"></cfif>
<cfif form.PropertyDataNumberofBathrooms is ""><cfset MessageAlert =
MessageAlert & "Number of Bathrooms must have a value.<br>"></cfif>

<cfif form.PropertyDataHouseType is ""><cfset MessageAlert =
MessageAlert & "Type of House must have a value.<br>"></cfif>

My <br> tags in my variable work but when i inserted the <font> tag it
hit some errors.  Is this normal?

thanks,

Stuart