Barney Boisvert wrote:
>Does the interface involve sending a file to BofA?

No, afraid not.  Thx anyway.  The problem is truly bizarre.

Cfhttp sends the data to BofA.  BofA gets it and processes it;
incorrectly determining that the sending site is not on the approved
referrers list (it is).  Then there's this weird thing:  BofA gets the
data, right?  However on my side of the fence cfhttp throws an error.
If I use this excerpt to illustrate the problem, which is 9 lines long,
an error will be thrown on Line 8 (its always on the last cfhttpparam,
whatever it is; reordering them does nothing).

<cfhttp
url=""
name="PaymentInfo"
method="POST"
port="443"
redirect="no">
<cfhttpparam type="FORMFIELD" name="field1" value="blah">
<cfhttpparam type="FORMFIELD" name="field2" value="foo">
</cfhttp>

The error (from their debug site) is:

"Column names must be valid variable names. They must start with a
letter and can only include letters, numbers, and underscores.  The
column name "<html>" is invalid."

If I post to the live payment site, I get the same error with "The
column name "" is invalid."

I have yet to be able to find a way to dump out the complete BofA
response during debugging.  Something I'm doing or they're doing is not
allowing this.  Trying to use cfdump or cfhttp.filecontent to read the
returned data is a waste of time: the error is occurring on "line 8"
which is before cfhttp is terminated... So no return variables.  Or
perhaps more accurately the return variable is causing the explosion?
I'm frankly mystified, and so is BofA tech support.  I had one of their
tech guys on the phone for over an hour with me and neither of us could
get anywhere with this.

Bah.  Humbug.

Matt Robertson       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSB Designs, Inc.  http://mysecretbase.com