Yeah, I can get regular form posts to work no problem, but I need a lot
of post-submission processing, which then sends massaged data to BofA.
Can't go direct.

I used to have this working but it suddenly stopped.  The SOAP/XML
method is the obvious winner, technically, but the client is so ticked
at BofA for dropping this ball that there's no way he'll fund the time
necessary to get it done.  He'll move the business first.

But knowing BofA -- based on my experience with them when this system
was first put up, and now -- I'm not surprised that you're having
trouble.  They are a very CF-unfriendly company.  As you know they have
samples for everything BUT CF, and I can say for sure they have no
in-house CF expertise, but no shortage of ASP/PHP.