----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 2:51 PM
Subject: Re: OT: HTML Form Desgin w/JS Question

> From the sounds of it, I don't think it'll require hidden frames. Sounds
> like what you need is a global variable to keep track of the
> lastSelected textarea box, use the onfocus event to update the value of
> lastSelected to the name of that text box. Then just have a button next
> to the field you want to copy and have it set the value of the
> lastSelected name to the value of the text box being copied from.
>
> Does that make sense? Is that what you're trying to do?

I'm not quite following.  Global js variable, I assume, but it sounds like
this is merely a method of deciding _which_ textarea is to be filled.  Where
does the data come from?  As I mentioned, there's too much data to include in
the page served up as the form, so the application is going to have to go
back to the server to get the data.  What I'd like to avoide, if possible, is
the need to submit the form in order to fill one (or all) of the form fields
from an existing record.