----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Brodie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: OT: HTML Form Desgin w/JS Question

> I'd like to add that with the number of fields that you will have, you
> need to think about categorizing the fields. If there are hundreds of
> possible values as you suggest, users will have a hard time finding the
> right value to copy from the select box (its not a technical problem, but a
> useability problem)

I've given that some thought and I think it'll be workable.  There will
generally be only a couple dozen (more as the database is populated) and the
actual data to be copied won't be in the select box.  Only the "name"
identifying the record being copied from.   The list will be alphabetized and
the names are unique enough that selecting one shouldn't be a problem.

If there _does_ turn out to be an issue, the items are already categorized,
so I could easily use something like two-selects-related to drill into it.