After an unsatisfying conversation with an underling, who finally decided
to refer me to the tech lead, I was able to get thru to someone who has
the background to understand the problem and the authority to deal with it.

1. As the rank and file asserts, BofA's code has not changed.  However
their implementation of a recent Microsoft patch (the one that changed how
urls are handled, I bet) has resulted in a change in how response/redirect
calls are made.  Formerly a form get was sent to the client (i.e. a cf
template on the merchant's web server that in turn processes the url string
that arrives).  However this has changed and the response is now contained
in the headers.  Could be bad news for existing installations using this
method, and is apparently undocumented.

2. For some reason BofA's system is not properly accepting the referer
that CF 6.1 is feeding it; or the acceptable referrer list in the BofA
store manager area isn't being read properly.  This is the first problem
they are trying and diagnose/fix.

3. For some reason cfhttp form posts to BofA's system are erroring out,
at a very low level; i.e. inside of the cfhttp tag itself and not as the
result of any coding issues.  The cfcatch'd error message contains the
appropriate response string, but CF is choking on it for no apparent
reason.  A sample of this can be seen at
http://theagexperts.com/bofacfhttp.txt

This may be an issue confined to CF 6.1 and their system.  No telling for
sure yet.  CF6, CF5 and CF4.5 are known elements for them but CF6.1
may not be.

--Matt Robertson--
MSB Designs, Inc.