I have just tested this myself and I am very happy!

308 milliseconds vs. 1590 milliseconds (the numbers were something like that)

This is alot of time saved since the actual application will do 10 times the amount of row inserts.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Nelson
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 7:00 AM
  Subject: Re: SQL Multiple Inserts

  I've often wonder at what point Bulk Insert becomes an advantage. I
  imagine the drawback with bulk insert is that it has to read an actual
  file versus read from ram. It seems that for a small number of records a
  regular insert would be faster.

  Has anyone done any comparisons between bulk insert versus regular
  insert?

  Steve Nelson