Here's what i thought about stored procedure.  I thought they are only useful when the SQL query isn't dynamic, like SELECT * from tbl_images.  But if it's something like SELECT * from tbl_images where project_id = 30, then a stored procedure is not beneficial, because it's essentially a different query every time.

Is this correct?  My queries are like the latter.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX)
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 6:14 AM
  Subject: RE: SQL Multiple Inserts

  Stored Procedure : BULK INSERT.

     _____

  From: brobborb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: 01 March 2004 12:16
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: SOT: SQL Multiple Inserts

  Hey guys, let's say I have to insert like 5,000 rows of data with the click
  of a button in my app.  Would it be alot faster to insert all 5,000 in one
  CFQuery with multiple inserts?  Right now it is just one query looped 5,000
  times.

  Also are there any drawbacks with using multplie inserts?

  Thanks
     _____