From: Dana Larose [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 12:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Yet another <cflock> question...

Hey everyone,

This is the code snippet for how I have been typically handling logged in
users:

<cflock name="#Session.sessionID#" timeout="30" type="Exclusive">
        <cfif IsDefined("Session.UserID")>
                <cfset Session.UserID = Session.UserID>
        <cfelse>
                <cflocation url="../not_logged_in.cfm">
        </cfif>
</cflock>

So, what I want to happen is that if the user exists and is logged in, as
indicated by Session.UserID, I reset the variable so that the poor user
isn't arbitrarily timed while using the system.  If Session.UserID doesn't
exist, they are bounced to a page that displays an error message or gives
them the chance to login.

My question is, if they hit the <cflocation>, is ColdFusion smart enough to
remove the lock before jumping to the other page, or am I setting myself up
for some unhappy deadlock?  It appears to remove the lock when I test it,
but I wouldn't mind confirmation of that so I am not setting myself up for
future problems.

Thanks,

Dana

the body.