I'm not sure how HTML, CSS, or other browser related topics could possibly be off topic... Could they?

Calvin
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kevin Graeme
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 1:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Browser wars (was Re: Can someone recommend a good web development browser?)

  > Depends on what type of CSS work we are talking about. Just basic
  > non-positional CSS seems to be interoperable. Further, I am not sure
  > what you mean in regard to session management as that is a server-side
  > issue.

  I apologize to everyone if this browser discussion is too off topic. I'll
  address what I think is a CF issue first.

  With session management, IIRC it has to do with how each window in IE is a
  separate application instance while in Netscape there is only one
  application instance with separate windows.

  (If I'm off on that, I'm sure someone will jump down my throat. It's been a
  while since we dealt with it explicitly and my memory is shoddy.)

  As for CSS, using CSS that works in Firefox is not guaranteed to work in
  other browsers. Unfortunate, but true. Saying you want to limit what CSS
  we're talking about changes the argument from "if it works in Firefox, then
  it will work anywhere" to "some things that work in Firefox work in IE".

  And really, since that's CSS and not CF I'm done arguing the point here.

  -Kevin