From: Adrocknaphobia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 March 2004 16:26
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: Dreamweaver Local Save Speed

So yeah, long time HS user... converted DW user.

DW has been 'alright' an all, but I've run into an issue on this one box
thats making me long for HS.

Problem is, when I save a file (locally) it can take up to 20 seconds!!!!!

I've read a couple threads with people who have run into the same problem,
and the only solution looks to be 'upgrade to 2k4'. But I'm not trying to
pay for an upgrade to fix a bug.

So here's my question, the time it takes to save seems to be relative to the
size of the file. For instance in fusebox its the large fbx_switch.cfms that
seem to take the longest, whereas a cfc saves instantly. I'm guessing DW is
doing some link/include checking each time the file is saved, but I can't
find an option to disable it.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Adam