The weird thing to me is that you can't get it to happen in a different browser when CF is the one processing the info and sending html to the browser. Just a long shot but try it two ways... hitting enter to submit and actually clicking the submit button with your mouse. hitting enter will cause the submit form field variable to be undefined but clicking it will not...

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Burns, John D
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 4:50 PM
  Subject: RE: "Undefined in Form" when using MSIE

  As weird as this may sound (and possibly uneducated) is there any chance
  that it's CF losing the form scope somehow (or maybe it's there but for
  some reason CF isn't able to read it)?  It seems like a lot of people on
  the list have mentioned this problem.  Have we narrowed down the CF
  version being used when this is happening?  I'd think that if IE had a
  problem like this that there would be a lot more people complaining in
  the web world.  Maybe there are and I just haven't heard it.  Just a
  thought.

  John Burns