On Mar 17, 2004, at 4:26 PM, Rob wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 16:15, Michael T. Tangorre wrote:
>  > What about Dan Switzer's Client/Server Gateway JSAPI? Have you
> toyed with
>  > this at all?
>  > http://www.pengoworks.com/workshop/js/gateway/
>
>  Ah no his is totallly different ... thank goodness :-D
>
>  he is using an iframe and wddx (it looks like) mine is straight up web
>  services (like flash remoting kind of I guess - but cooler I think
>  becuase you get full objects with this and I dont think you get full
>  objects with flash I could be wrong though)

Rob I think this is cool & like prior posts see a use for it in ryo RIA
apps such as a drill-down or chat, etc where you want to efficiently
communicate with a server or service and update the existing page
instead of replacing it.

I think this comes very close to Flash remoting... except the bit about
getting the object at the client.

The full impact of this hasn't "ripened"  in my mind yet -- at the very
least you could have a client-side app that trolls for web services --
when it finds one it could dynamically customize itself to
utilize/communicate with that particular ws.

I think you could do some very exciting things with this.

Dick

P.S. doesn't work with Safari