Hi All-

We have a scheduled task that runs every 3 hours, which calls a verity
index command. This task has run just fine for the last 2 years, I am
told. Suddenly last friday, the task started to bring CFEXEC to its
knees and in some cases crash the server.

We are running Solaris 9, CF 5.0 hitting Oracle 8.1.7.

Any ideas as to what might cause something like this, that has gone
untouched, to suddenly go wonky?

All I can think if is something wrong with the data in the database that
was acceptable to the server until we simply started to accumulate too
much data. No errors are being written to the logs. I have quickly
browsed the code being called by the task and nothing looks too out of
the ordinary. I guess I will start testing all of the queries to see how
many results are returned.

Anyhow, if anyone with more knowledge in this are has any suggestions,
it would be much appreciated.

-Bret