In the third part of our CFUN-04 interview series, Michael Smith interviews
Raymond Camden, co-founder of the CFLib.org amd CFCzone.org sites, who will be
presenting on CFCs at CFUN-04.

Michael Smith: Ray, I am intrigued about your "CFC Best Practices, Tips and
Tricks" talk at CFUN-04. Why should a programmer be interested in CFCs?

Ray Camden: ColdFusion has always provided methods to help encapsulate code.
However, CFCs (ColdFusion Components) are an extremely powerful new way of doing
so. Being so powerful - they are a bit complex - and therefore not always as
easy to use. I want my session to focus on things that the docs do not cover
extremely well. I also want to show some interesting examples of CFCs in action.
Basically, I assume you know the syntax but need help starting to use CFCs in
real projects.

MS: I always like to learn about things not covered by documentation! When you
mention encapsulating code what exactly do you mean? And what are others ways
than CFCs to do that?

RC: ...

[the rest of the interview is at http://www.cfconf.org/CFUN-04/news.cfm and in
Fusion Authority, the House of Fusion Technical Magazine
(www.fusionauthority.com).

CFUN-04 is Saturday 6/26/04 - Sunday 6/27/04 in the
Washington DC area. It costs $199 until 3/31/04 then $269. For more information
on CFUN see http://www.cfconf.org/cfun-04/.

---

This year's conference has 33 nationally known speakers including Charlie
Arehart, Steve Drucker, Raymond Camden, Hal Helms, Michael Smith, Michael Dinowitz,
Simon Horwith and Shlomy Gantz.

CFUN-04 Washington DC area 6/26 - 6/27/04:
* Learn CF MX, Flash and more!
* Network with your peers and top national speakers
* Have fun exploring what is new from Macromedia

Tracks:
* Advanced Topics - for gurus, XML, CFCs, SQL
* MX Integration - Flash, Java, Flex, .Net, Webservices
* Empowered Programming - OO, Fusebox, PM, Testing, Debug
* CF Bootcamp - for beginners in CF and Flash
* Accessibility - making sites that disabled people can use, section 508

Pricing schedule - register today to save!
* Just $199 Early Bird Price from 1/1/04 - 3/31/04
* Ok   $269 Regular Price 4/1/04 - 6/15/04
* Opps $299 Late Registration 6/15/03 - 6/25/03
* Onsite $350

Register today
http://www.cfconf.com/CFUN-04/

Vote for TeraTech in CFDJ awards
http://www.teratech.com/vote.cfm

Michael Smith, TeraTech, Inc
405 E Gude Dr Ste 207, Rockville MD 20850
CF , VB, SQL, Math custom programming
Voice: +1-301-424-3903 x110, 800-447-9120  Fax:301-762-8185
Web: http://www.teratech.com/sig/
Email:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ: 66057682