On Mar 30, 2004, at 4:24 AM, Thomas Chiverton wrote:

>  You can them individualy as far as I know. It was a comparrison,
> because they
>  do a similar job - server side scripting of a high level language -
> Flex
>  renders to Flash, CF to HTML.

But they don't do a similar job -- Flex has no mechanisms to access
databases, email, etc.

As far as I can tell Flex relies on other components (written in CF,
JSP, whatever) to do the meat of the seerverside.

What Flex appears to do (and it is difficult to tell how well) is
combine XML constructs (representing structure and data) with jsp
taglibs that represent RIA components and generate a swf.

Unless your data is static and hard-coded (as are most of the examples)
in the Flex application, you need something else to do the heavy
lifting.

Dick