> I'll typical get consistant ~3ms query times using
> cfqueryparam, compaired to much longer without.
>
> Of course, caching into a persistant scope will get
> you a 0ms query time, but then you have to manage the
> cache (I really must write a generic memoiser CFC)
> yourself. And if you're worried about gaining 3ms/query
> I think you have too many queries on the page :-)

Unfortunately, even with consistent use of CFQUERYPARAM, many of us will
have longer query times than 3 milliseconds. An aggressive caching strategy
is often the best way to significantly increase runtime performance. In
those cases, you do have to manage the cache, but that's a small price to
pay for significantly better performance.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444