I have a custom tags that calls other custom tags they are work individually, but I need some help getting them to work altogether.

Ideally, the parent tag  runs a query and loops over the other three child tags and fills in their attribute values with results from the query. The child tags run their update queries and return to the parent tags that then doe sthe final arithmetic and returns a value to the calling page.

But, my child tags won't run. It says the attribute is undefined.

What am I missing?

My server is running CF 4.5, so CFCs and UDFs are not an option.
Thanks!
Jen