> I have a custom tags that calls other custom tags they are
> work individually, but I need some help getting them to work
> altogether.
>
> Ideally, the parent tag runs a query and loops over the
> other three child tags and fills in their attribute values
> with results from the query. The child tags run their update
> queries and return to the parent tags that then doe sthe
> final arithmetic and returns a value to the calling page.
>
> But, my child tags won't run. It says the attribute is undefined.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "nested" custom tags - it sounds like
you're actually calling one custom tag from within another, but that's not
what people generally mean by nested custom tags. For example, you might
have something like this:

<cf_foo attribute="value">
<cf_bar attribute="value">
<cf_bar attribute="value">
</cf_foo>

In this nested custom tag example, the CF_BAR custom tag isn't being called
by CF_FOO, but rather by the same page that calls CF_FOO. However, these
custom tags can share variables in various ways - any attributes passed to
either instance of CF_BAR can be associated with CF_FOO using CFASSOCIATE,
and CF_BAR can read attribute values received by CF_FOO using
GetBaseTagData().

In any case, you'll probably have to post the code for the custom tag calls,
as well as for the custom tags themselves, to get a useful answer.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444