One thing we have done in the past is to use the file name as a list for the
bread Crumb.

home_section_subsection_page cfm = Home >> Section >> Subsection >> Page

We have done variations based on aberrations that relate to full bread Crumb
titles in a database.

hm_sec_sub_pg.cfm = Home >> Section >> Subsection >> Page

If your nav is totally database driven then it is real simple to build bread
Crumbs.  All you have to do is to look up the parent of the current page
then check to see if that page has a parent ..

Mark W. Breneman
-Cold Fusion Developer
-Network Administrator
  Vivid Media