From: Bryan Stevenson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 4:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: JRun eating RAM

Hey All,

We've had an odd issue that up until now I was living with...now it's time
to fight back!! ;-)

We've seen this on CF MX 6.1 on Windows 2000 Advanceed Server....

1) A parsing error occurs (i.e. <cfset MyVar= "Hello World" with no closing
">")
2) No error is displayed immeadiately
3) JRun starts eating RAM (I've seen it get up to almost 200000K before I
reboot the server)
4) A minute or more later a fairly non-descriptive CF error shows in the
browser
5) JRun never lets go of the memory so I always end up rebooting

Now in Dev this is a PIA, but in Prod it's totally unacceptable (but
unlikely to happen as we have tested before sending to Prod).

I've read up on the few hotfixes and patches for CF MX 6.1, but none seem to
apply to this issue.

Any idea folks???

TIA

Cheers