I know a variation of this question gets asked every couple of months or
so.  Is there a good CF based forum application available?  Must be
threaded, with the option to view threads either via a threaded view or
flat view.  From what I've seen in the past (haven't looked in about a
year) the choices in CF based forums are pretty slim.  And those that I've
looked at aren't particularly full featured in comparison to some of the
php boards.

Must support CF5 and would prefer ODBC support for MySQL, but Access via
ODBC is probably sufficient for this application.  Good use of CSS for
customization of the look is a must.

If you don't have a good CF forum to recommend, then a recommendation for
a PHP based application would be the second choice.  I've worked with
phpbb and like it, but have crossed it off the list due to it's lack of
support (and no plans) for threaded discussions.  And I don't have the
time to incorporate the fairly involved mods to phpbb to add threading.

Thanks.