So, I tried one more thing.

I used the web path for my mapping,

    <resource-path>/tasktracker</resource-path>
    <system-path>C:/projects/tasktracker.jedi.com/wwwroot</system-path>

and when I hit ..../tasktracker/tasktrackerproxy.cfc?WSDL, I now get:

AXIS error

Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault -
[coldfusion.xml.rpc.SkeletonClassLoader$UnresolvedCFCDataTypeException :
Could not resolve CFC datatype: /tasktracker/tasktrackerproxy.cfc][; nested
exception is:
coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException:
[coldfusion.xml.rpc.SkeletonClassLoader$UnresolvedCFCDataTypeException :
Could not resolve CFC datatype: /tasktracker/tasktrackerproxy.cfc][

AxisFault
faultCode:
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
faultSubcode:
faultString:
[coldfusion.xml.rpc.SkeletonClassLoader$UnresolvedCFCDataTypeException :
Could not resolve CFC datatype: /tasktracker/tasktrackerproxy.cfc][; nested
exception is:
coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException:
[coldfusion.xml.rpc.SkeletonClassLoader$UnresolvedCFCDataTypeException :
Could not resolve CFC datatype: /tasktracker/tasktrackerproxy.cfc][
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail: