Thanks for the response.  How are situations handled where you have a
query within a loop handled within Fusebox?

For example:

<CFLOOP INDEX="CountLoop" FROM=1 TO=10>
     <CFQUERY .....>
          SELECT * FROM Table
          WHERE ID = CountLoop
     </CFQUERY>

     <CFOUTPUT>
          You are at record #ID#.
     </CFOUTPUT>
</CFLOOP>

I don't see an easy way to abstract this functionality back to only
CFINCLUDEs at the index.cfm.

Thanks,

Kevin

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/14/00 09:54AM >>>
Hey, my answers are indicated by >>>> below.

Gregory Harris
Los Angeles Information Technology Agency (ITA)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/14 9:45 AM >>>

I am new to the fusebox methodology, and hoping that someone might give
me some structural pointers.

It seems like there will be plenty of situations where query content
will be required to provide content to a display page.  In this
scenario, is the preferred method to go back to the index.cfm page to
include the query file, or is it ok to include the file directly from
the display file?

should be built to include directly from the fuse central (index.cfm
usually).

How about conditional includes?  Should the following code be contained
within the index.cfm or not?  Should includes be contained within the
index.cfm file only?

your conditions around the templates, not the index itself.  The ONLY
thing the index page should have is the necessary includes for a given
action (and of course an app_globals file).

<CFIF Attributes.UserName IS "Dave">
     <CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="qry_Dave">
<CFELSE>
     <CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="qry_NotDave">