I have done some ASP coding -- mainly converting programs to CF.

Not only is a lot more work (in ASP) to put together a SQL query, there
are a lot of things to keep track of -- if you forget to close the
connection it can affect performance, etc,

Number of lines is not everything -- but a more compact, concise
procedure is easier to understand.

Also, CF tags tend to be less granular, less cryptic (more
self-documenting) -- this is significant in maintaining the code over
time.

Dick