not sure why u'd wanna use CF, but yes it can be done.  use CF to run some program that writes stuff to magnetic card and can be run from the command line!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: samcfug.org
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 9:51 AM
  Subject: Write to a magnetic stripe card

  Hello All,

  Has anyone send code to a Magnetic Stripe Card Writer? I need to be
  able to encode Magnetic Stripe Cards with information that I will read
  later.

  I can read the card using a Wedge or USB reader because it act like a
  keyboard, but I need to write to the card also. Is there a ColdFusion
  answer to this question? I hope so, I have been known to say
  ColdFusion can do anything. Now help me prove I am right ;)

  I am looking at a card reader/writer from Meg-Tek that connects to a PC
  with an RS-232 port (serial port) or USB port.

  TIA!!

  --
  Best regards,
  Mike Hughes                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]