True, it's not the most scalable solution, I'm sure there are more efficient
ways to achieve the same thing. But from Jason's email it sounds like
massive scalability is not the biggest concern, I think at this point he's
simply trying to return the most accurate results to help his users achieve
their goals of finding the correct product.

Steve

I guess I should've been a little clearer in my previous post. My concern
isn't really with CPU resources, specifically, but rather that this approach
will be very problematic with any significant amount of data. Those LIKE
operators you were using require a full table scan for each one, and this
will have a detrimental effect on concurrent requests.