CFREPORT could concievably work very well too -- it would only generate the report and drop it to a specified file.  Have you tried the examples provided from CF 4.5+ documentation to use cfreport?

if all else fails, google "+cfreport +example" without the quotes.  I was referring to a activex/java based report viewer that embeds into th web browser that allows u to run and view reports right in the browser.  You can find more info about on the devzone at:

http://www.businessobjects.com/services/support/default.asp

Gluck,
Jas