From: Troy Simpson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 4:36 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: How would I do this?

Oh, one other thing.

How could I submit several requests to various back-end systems (RDBMS,
IMAP, HTTP, etc. ) simultaneously.

For example, I want to execute the following request simultaneously.
All requests are independent of others.  So I do not have to wait for
one come back before processing the next on.
1. query on RDBMS_1,
2. run another query on RDBMS_2,
3. request an http page from a web server,
4. query an LDAP server.

It does not matter which process comes back first/last.  It does not
matter if one of them fails.

I did not want to execute them procedurally.  If they do excute
procedurally, then I would have to wait for a prior request to complete
before moving own to the next request.

Can ColdFusion do this?

Thanks,
Troy